Matches 1 to 100 of 227
|| Linked to
|| || ()
||'The Advertiser' recorded that, on 13th March, 1946, she died. The funeral left her residence, 42 Fourth Ave, Cheltenham, for the Cheltenham Cemetery. ||RANN, Maude Holbrook (I24)
||'The Advertiser' recorded the marriage on 23rd December, 1914, at the Methodist church, Pt. Adelaide, by the Rev. R. E. Stanley, of Edwin M., youngest son of W. Rundle, to Maude H., eldest daughter of Mrs. and the late J. A. Rann, all of Pt. Adelaide. (From the Rundle family bible.)|
||Abraham was an accountant in Victoria, and a shipping agent/storekeeper in South Australia. He lived in Port MacDonnell and Mt Gambier. He died at his residence, Prospect Cottage, Mt Gambier. ||BARRETT, Abraham Field (I621)
||According to Clive STODART's notes, Elizabeth BRADFUTE was a descendent of Sir Hugh de BRADFUTE of Lamington Castle AD 1279. His daughter married Sir William Wallace. ||BRADFUTE, Elizabeth (I130)
||According to Clive STODART's notes, he was Col. Thomas STODART, C.L.F. M.D. T.H.S. ||STODART, Col. Thomas (I2151)
||According to Clive Stodart's notes, James was referred to as the 'King of Covington', because of his size and strength. ||STODART, James (I58)
||According to Clive Stodart's notes. this is the same family as the singer Jenny Lind. ||LIND, Marion Helen (I120)
||According to Clive STODART, she was called 'Gentle Mary'. ||MURRAY, Margaret (I2050)
||According to Faith Boxold, Lottie died at Lynton Cottage Hospital, Lynton, North Devon, England. She was living with Wal and Marg, at their present home 'The Falls', 22 Tors Road, Lynmouth, and had a stroke. She was moved to the hospital at Lynton, but rallied a bit and was moved to a home for elderly people. She then had another stroke, from which she died.|
There was a flood at Lynmouth in 1952, caused a lot of damage throughout the place, and it undermined the house that mum and dad were living in. They were running a Private Hotel and they and their guests had to take refuge in the upper rooms. All their personal posessions were in the basement which was flooded and filled with rocks and boulders. They lost most everything, only the guests' bedroom furniture was salvagable. Lorna and Len from Bristol came down and did what they could, also Wal from London (?). Mum and dad then went to live in Bristol with Lorna and Len, and it was after this that dad got ill and died. Then mum went to live with Wal and Marg at Lynmouth. Reg and I were in NZ at this time.
Letters from Faith Boxold.
|SQUIRE, Lottie (I300)
||According to Faith Boxold, Thomas was born in Essex. He died in the Kingsway Nursing Home, Bishop Road, Bishopston, Bristol, England, having been moved there from 208 Glancuter Road (?) (my sister's home). He had cancer. My sister nursed him as long as she could, but had to move him to Kingsway as it got too much for her. She used to nurse at the Kingsway before she got married. She met her husband Len there whilst nursing. He fell off his motor bike and was admitted with concussion. That is how they met. |
Thomas was an ex Sergeant Grenadier Guard 1st Battalian. An 'Old Contemptible' 1914-1918 War.
Letters from Faith Boxold.
|GILSON, Thomas Isaac (I301)
||Adam Stodart, the piano-forte maker, introduced his wife's relative, David Wilke at age 19 to the Earl of Mansfield who commissioned him to work on a painting. Eventually, he became Sir David Wilke. ||WILKE, Agnes (I61)
||Additional information provided by Hazel TINGATE (Family History of James W and Mary SMITH), and Don McArthur, of Melbourne. ||MCARTHUR, Peter (I709)
||An obituary records that Mr. John Rann, an old and respected citizen of Pt. Adelaide, died at his residence, Church Place, Pt. Adelaide on Saturday. He had been ailing about twelve months. In bygone years, he took a prominent interest in athletics. He was one of the founders, with his brother, of the Pt. Adelaide Football Club. He has left a widow, one son and five daughters. (From the Rundle family bible.) ||RANN, John Albert (I28)
||Assasinated in Kentucky, USA ||PRENTICE, Archibald (I2073)
||At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. ||Family F749
||Baron STODART of Leaston, of Humbie in the District of East Lothian;|
Life Peer, cr 1981; PC 1974;
Educ: Wellington school; farming at Kingston, North Berwick 1934-58 and now at Leaston;
Contested: (Lib) Berwick and E Lothian 1950; (C) Midlothian and Peebles 1951; (C) Midlothian 1955; MP (C) Edinburgh W 1959-74; Jt Under-Sec of State, Scottish Office 1963-64; oppsn spokesman on agriculture and Scottish affairs 1966-69; Party Sec. MAFF 1970-72; Min of State MAFF 1972-74; vice-chm Cons Agric Cttee H of C 1962-63, 1964-65, 1966-70; led party delegation Canada 1974, 1983; chm: Agric Credit Corp 1975-87; Cttee of enquiry into Local Govt in Publications: (jt auth) Land of Abundence: a study of Scottish Agriculture in the 20th century, 1962; articles on farming in journals and newspapers;
b 6 June 1916, son of Col Thomas Stodart, CIE, IMS (d 1935) and Mary Alice nee Coullie, m 1940 Hazel Jean (d 1959) dau of Lt Ronald James Usher, DSC, RN (d 1948), no ch.
Address: Lorrimers, North Berwick, East Lothian;
Clubs: New (Edinburgh); Hon Co of Edinburgh Golfers; Cavalry and Guards.
|STODART, Baron of Leaston James Anthony (I2296)
||Based on age at Death only. ||BOXOLD, John Henry (I1444)
||At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. ||SQUIRE, G.K. (I18)
||Births registered as CARRISON. ||CARRISON, Agnes (I2644)
||Born either 1637 or 15 May 1638. Died at a young age.|
(Notes of Robert Riddle Stodart, through Tania Trayner, and Marilyn Raisbeck)
|STODART, Cuthbert (I99)
||Census records mostly call Ernest 'nephew'. Why? ||SQUIRE, Ernest (I2457)
||Child recorded as father Donald McArthur, mother Jane Cameron. Date and place seems correct. ||Family F791
||Connie was born and grew up in the Port Adelaide area. She worked as a typist and receptionist at the Globe Timber Mills until her marriage to Ken. The Church was a major focus of her life, playing netball for the Alberton Baptist Church team, and being involved with Ken wherever they moved. The Rose Park Church was the main recipient of her service, where she was Newsletter Editor for many years. She was afflicted with Asthma for many years, being hospitalised several times. She died suddenly in 1974, from a combination of asthma and heart failure. ||RUNDLE, Constance Maude (I20)
||Damhead is either a middle name or a location where he lived. ||STODART, Adam (I871)
||Daughter of Adam Haig. ||HAIG, Marion (I63)
||David held the titles M.D., F.R.E.S. ||STODART, Dr David Edmund (I2048)
||Death Date and age from an obituary memorial in Aukland New Zealand Catholic cemetery, " Beloved sons of James and Matilda STODARD". ||STODART, James (I2208)
||Death Date and age from an obituary memorial in Aukland New Zealand Catholic cemetery, " Beloved sons of James and Matilda STODARD". ||STODART, William Henry (I2211)
||DEATH OF MR. CHARLES McARTHUR.|
Veteran Show Exhibitor, 51 SUCCESSIVE EXHIBITIONS.
Early on Sunday morning the death occurred at his residence, Bay road, of Mr. Charles McArthur at the age of 77 years. Early on Sunday morning the death occurred at his residence, Bay road, of Mr. Charles M.cArthur, at the age of 77 years.
Mr. McArthur had enjoyed good health all his life, and was apparently as well as usual just before he succumbed. He rose early, and after speaking to his wife, suddenly collapsed and died shortly afterwards. Friends and relatives heard news of his sudden passing with surprise and regret.
Deceased was born at Square Mile, and had lived in this district all his life. He married Miss Caroline Kilsby, who survives. There are no children. Mr. McArthur was well known as a show exhibitor, and his death on the eve of the Mount Gambior show has removed one of the A. and H. Society's most consistent and valued exhibitors and members. He was a member of the committee for many years. He held a unique record in that he had exhibited at 51 successive Mount Gambier shows. For more than half a century his Lincoln sheep had been winning him honours at South Eastern shows, and for 30 years his roses had been taking championship ribbons.
In a recent interview Mr. McArthur recalled to a "Watch" representative that he first showed Lincolns in Mt. Gambier as a young man of 28, when the saleyards were situated approximately at the spot where Messrs May & Davis' service station now stands. The sheep show was held in these yards, and the cattle were exhibited on the hill near the Methodist Church. The Caledonian Hall, Hall of Commerce, and other buildings between the main corner and the church were, of course, nonexistent at that time. The first indoor show, said Mr. McArthur, was held in a hall near where the Hotel Federal now stands, and the old Oddfellows Hall was afterwards used. Shows were later held in the Old Institute Hall, and finally the A. and H. Society became established on the present well appointed
Mr. McArthur, whose delightful old garden at Hedley Park bespeaks of his love of flowers, first exhibited roses 30 years ago, when he took up his residency in Bay road. He had marked success with roses at many South-Eastern shows since 1900, and had won scores of championships.
At the time of his death he still owned the old farm, and had a flock of between 70 and 100 stud Lincoln ewes. He had never owned anything but Lincolns, having started breeding from Moorak rams, and continued with rams from the late Wm. Forsyth's Hamilton stud. He had also crossed some of his ewes with rams from Mr. O. A. Christie, of Hamilton.
Nearly all the South-Eastern show societies will regret Mr. McArthur's death. In his younger days he took his Lincolns and flowers as far afield as Kingston, and also met with good success in the Adelaide Royal. He remarked when interviewed, that he had had a good innings, and wished he could have it over again.
The funeral took place yesterday, Rev. A. H. Ballinger conducting the burial service. Mr. W. Pearce carried
Source: DEATH OF MR. CHARLES McARTHUR. (1932, October 18). Border Watch (Mount Gambier, SA : 1861 - 1954), p. 3. Retrieved February 1, 2017, from http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article77950331
|MCARTHUR, Charles (I1390)
||Described as a lady of considerable literary acquirements. ||BROWN, Jemima-Henrietta (I2057)
||At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. ||MCGARRY, B.J. (I1175)
||Eldest of seven children.|
Info from Malcolm SINCLAIR, in June 2012.
|RENDER, Florence May (I1511)
||Elizabeth married Rev David Aitken D.D., of Minto, on 13 Jul 1836 in St Cuthberts, Midlothian. Later lived at 4 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh. ||STODART, Elizabeth (I849)
||Elizabeth's name was spelled in various ways in the Parish Register for Lasswade ; Johnston, Johnstoun and Johnstone. ||JOHNSTONE, Elizabeth (I103)
||Extract from SA Biographical Index :|
Arrived in SA 14 Aug 1847 on CRESSY
Res Adelaide, Kapunda
|MORRIS, William Laity (I1000)
||Extract from the SA Biographical Index :|
Arrived in SA 17 August 1847 from England on CRESSY
Res Gawler West, Adelaide, Willaston
|MORRIS, Richard (I1021)
||Extract from the SA Biographical Index:|
Arrived in Adelaide 17 August 1847 from England in CRESSY
Occ Wheelwright, Blacksmith, Coachbuilder
Res Adelaide, Goodwood, Edwardstown
Rel CofE, Wesleyan
|MORRIS, William Laity (I1016)
||F.R.S., London. A scientific man, invented different combinations of iron and silver, a friend of Sir Humphrey Davy. He was a surgeon's instrument maker.|
from ' Memoir of James WYLD of Gilston and his family'.
|STODART, James (I2880)
||Factor to Sir Simon Lockhart of Lee and Carnwath, Lord Haddington and Sir Wyndham Anstruther Bt. ||STODART, John (I119)
||At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. ||Family F427
||Familysearch name given Friedrich Heinrich Wilhelm male, at White Chapel, Middlesex, England. BREININGER father Friedrich BREININGER mother Auguste G TZINGER ||BREININGER, Frederick Henry William (I1454)
||Farmer at Low Snape. Some of this information came from a history prepared by Ann Shuttleworth, c2007. Much has subsequently verified or sources checked. ||BARRETT, Abraham (I625)
||Father was James Johnstone ||JOHNSTONE, Elizabeth (I103)
||Findmypast First Quarter 1879, Banbury, Oxfordshire. Volume 3A Page 829. ||Family F424
||Findmypast First Quarter 1935, Leighton Buzzaed, Bedfordshire, England. Volume 3B Page 458. ||BREININGER, Frederick Henry William (I1454)
||At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. ||Family F425
||Findmypast Fourth quarter 1859, St George in the East, London. Volume 1C Page 427. ||BREININGER, Frederick Henry William (I1454)
||Findmypast Second Quarter 1886, Banbury, Oxfordshire. Age at Death 49. Volume 3A Page 513. ||BOXOLD, John Henry (I1444)
||Findmypast Third Quarter. Aston Warwickshire. Volume 6D Page 834. ||Family F415
||Findmypast, Birmingham, Warwickshire. Third Quarter 1944. Age at Death 61. Volume 6D Page 292. ||BOXOLD, James Henry Edward (I1425)
||Findmypast, third quarter 1892, Lambeth, London. Volume 1D Page 417. ||BREININGER, Grace (I1426)
||Findmypast; Second Quarter 1883. BOXOLD James Henry E, Banbury Oxfordshire. Vol 3A Page 880. ||BOXOLD, James Henry Edward (I1425)
||From 'The Advertiser', the birth was recorded, on 24th May, 1916, at St. Paul's Square, of a son, Lancelot John. It was recorded that the birth of their first daughter occurred on 30th October, 1920, at Mrs. McGregor's Nursing Home, of Constance Maude. On 25th September, 1928, at Sister Howard-Jones' Hospital, Semaphore, the birth of Edwin Neil completed their issue. ||RANN, Maude Holbrook (I24)
||From a newspaper cutting - Death Notice - RANN, on 14 October, (1933), at the residence of her daughter ( Mrs H G Leach), Carlisle St, Ethelton, Fanny, dearly loved wife of the Late J A Rann and beloved sister of Minnie. ||MUSSON, Fanny (I29)
||From Aukland newspaper rolls of WW1: Died of wounds 9 Sep 1915. Next of kin: My Stodart Woodside, Taihape, NZ "Wounded 7-12 Aug CIB". ||STODART, James Hutchison (I2305)
||From Clive STODART's notes; Clifford STODART, D.S.O., died at sea. ||STODART, Clifford (I2100)
||From Faith Boxold,|
Emily died at 'The Falls', Lynmouth, North Devon, England. She came to live with us after Grandad (Isaac) died, first at Laidan House, Lynmouth, then at 'The Falls'. This is not 'The Falls' where Wal and Marg now live, they called their place 'The Falls' after mum and dad's place. Mary Squire and her husband 'Spider' visited us when we were at 'Laiden House', Lynmouth.
When Reg and I visited England in 1982, we visited their grave and put flowers on it from their old garden 'Staunton Cottage', Staunton Meade, plus some hydrangeas from a house further up the lane - a Mr and Mrs Coles. They had an elderly lady living with them who said she could remember Isaac and Emily.
|GILL, Emily (I64)
||From The Advertiser (1943) - On April 6, at private hospital, Ethel, dearly beloved wife of John Squire, of 37 Stephens Ave., Torrensville, and loved mother of Ken. Aged 58 years.|
From The Advertiser (1943) - SQUIRE - The friends of Mr John Squire are respectfully informed that the funeral of his late wife (Ethel) will leave his residence, 37 Stephens Avenue, Torrensville, on Wednesday at 2:30pm, for tyhe Centennial Park Cemetery, Springbank.
|GILL, Ethel (I22)
||At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. ||SQUIRE, J.P. (I46)
||At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. ||SQUIRE, G.K. (I18)
||Given name recorded an Ann on early family document listing all children. ||MCARTHUR, Agnes (I1385)
||At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. ||Family F442
||Guy worked as a station hand, at Vindex Station, Queensland.|
Info provided by Malcolm SINCLAIR, June 2012.
|DONALD, Guy Frederick (I1508)
||At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. ||Family F625
||He married a Janet STODART, who would have been born around 1795(?) ||STODART, George (I861)
||He received his education at the High School of Edinburgh and the Edinburgh University. At the age of 18 he went to Ceylon and took charge of a coffee plantation belonging to his father. In 1863 ill health obliged him to return home, and in April 1864, he was appointed Lyon Clerk Depute, a post which he held till his death. He early developed a taste for local and family history, and even while in India he was an ardent student of those subjects. He published in 1880, "Scottish Arms", in two large folio volumes; the first consisting of a collection of Arms, beautifully fac-similed in colours from ancient manuscripts; and the second, of heraldic and genealogical notes illustrative of those Arms. This work has been called "the most important contribution to Scottish historical heraldry since the days of Nesbet". It established their author's position "as one of the ablest genealogists of the day". A biographical sketch will be found in The Scotsman, Edinburgh, April 20, 1886. |
From list of Deaths (1886), NEHGR, Volume 40, (Jan-Oct 1886) page 348.
|STODART, Robert Riddle (I2059)
||He succeeded his father in his farm of Bilstane, on the estate of Dryden, the property of Count Lockhart WISHART, and from 1745, of Walston, Lanarkshire. He later moved to the farm of Walston Place, Lanarkshire, belonging to the same landlord. Also in 1745, he rode from Walston to Dryden to give information that a search was being made for George LOCKHART, eldest son of the Count, on a charge of high treason, and this timely warning enabled him to escape to France. Mr STODART was also factor to Count LOCKHART. Notes from 'Memoir of James Wyld of Gilston and his Family' by Robert Stodart WYLD LL.D.|
On notes referred to by Clive Stodart, James was referred to as 'the Laird of Walston'.
|STODART, James (I62)
||In 1852, appointed to the Greek Chair at Edinburgh University. Biography written by Miss Anna STODART. He sought to preserve the Gaelic language. ||BLACKIE, John Stuart (I2029)
||In 1916, his widow, Fanny Rann, lived at Church Place, Pt. Adelaide. She died on 14th October, 1933. ||RANN, John Albert (I28)
||In 1916, his widow, Fanny Rann, lived at Church Place, Pt. Adelaide. She died on 14th October, 1933. ||MUSSON, Fanny (I29)
||In the 1881 census, Emily was at Hemyock with William and Mary; no sign of Isaac, and had four of their children here. They had moved to Staunton Cottage Alcombe Dunster by 1886 when Lottie was born. Emily's family is always shown as living in Lower Alcombe, so we guess the Gill family lived in Staunton Cottage. Emily's mum died in 1886 which coincides with the Squire's moving to Staunton Cottage. James Gill is shown on censuses as living with the Squire family in 1891 and 1901.|
The Smith family were neighbours to the Squire family, and in 1896, Charles Smith (b 1894) came to live with Isaac and Emily. Charles' mother had died, and his father was supporting a four year old severely disabled lad and several older children. Charles was still with the Squire family in 1901, but went on to serve in WW1 and later returned badly injured to live a long life in Bristol.
Isaac and Emily's youngest daughter Lottie probably went into service in London, and met Thomas Isaac Gilson. They married and moved back to Alcombe, bringing two children. Interestingly, they lived next door to Charles' brother Harry. In 1914, Wally Gilson was born at the Squire's cottage.
Isaac Squire died on 22nd December,1924, at the age of 78 years. They were still at Staunton Cottage, Staunton Meade. This cottage belonged to the Luttrell family, of Dunster Castle. After Isaac's death, Emily went to live with Thomas and Lottie Gilson, who had moved from Alcombe to Lynmouth (North Devon). Faith and Reg visited the U.K in 1985 and visited their grave, placing flowers from the garden at Staunton Cottage.
I visited the cottage in 2007 with Wally Gilson, and met the current owner. We were invited to have a look inside, and I could visualise how different it must have been 100 years ago. Wally could describe to the current owner what the place was like in the 1920s. Many thanks to Mary Chorley from Bridgwater Somerset for the information about her grandfather Charles Smith and for the photo of Isaac and Emily, and to Daphne of Minehead-Online for the postcard photo of Staunton Cottage.
||In Walston ||STODART, George Walston (I116)
||James had the title FRS and was an amateur scientist. He was a friend of Sir John Humphrey and Sir Michael Faraday. ||STODART, James FRS (I828)
||John Squire was born on 7 September 1881, at Staunton Cottage, Staunton Meade, Alcombe, Somerset, Eng. I have a photocopy of his birth certificate. On the birth Certificate of his son, Ken, he describes his birthplace as Hemyock, Devon, England.|
He came to Australia prior to 1914, and settled at Pt Wakefield, working as a Wheelwright for the South Australian Railways. On 31 October 1914, he married Ethel Gill of Pt. Adelaide. They were married in the Pt. Adelaide Methodist Church (in Dale St.) by Rev. Robert Ernest Stanley. Constance M Stanley and Maude H Rann were witnesses. Their only child, Ken, was born at Sister Whitford's Private Hospital, Hamley Bridge, and grew up in Pt Wakefield. The family moved to 37 Stephens Terrace, Torrensville, prior to 1943. This was possibly on John's retirement as a coachbuilder. Ethel died on 6 April 1943, at the Torrensville residence, and is buried at Centennial Park Cemetery.
John and Ethel are recorded in the Sands and MacDougal directories as living in Port Wakefild in 1919, 1936-43.
From The Advertiser Marriage Notices - SQUIRE-GILL - On October 1931, at the Methodist Church, Port Adelaide, South Australia, by the Rev. Robert Stanley, John, youngest son of Mr and Mrs Squire, of Alcombe, Somerset, England, to Ethel, youngest daughte of the late Mr and Mrs W Gill, Bristol, England.
From The Advertiser Death Notices - on July 16 at his late residence, 41(?) Stephens Avenue, Torrensville, John, beloved husband of the late Ethel Squire, loving father of Kenneth, father-in-law of Connie, and grandfather of Graham and Jeffrey. Aged 71 years.
From The Advertiser Death Notices - Squire - The friends of the late Mr John Squire are respectfully informed that his Funeral will leave his late residence 41(?) Stephens Avenue, Torrensville, on Thursday at 4:00pm, for the Centenial Park Cemetery.
|SQUIRE, John (I21)
||John was born on 9th June, 1845, at Dudley, Staffordshire, UK. John married Fanny Musson, on 22nd June, 1889, at Pt. Adelaide. 'The Advertiser' recorded that on 27th April, 1912, John A. Rann, of Church Place, Pt. Adelaide, died. He was the husband of Fanny Rann, and the eldest son of the late John Rann. ||RANN, John Albert (I28)
||At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. ||SQUIRE, G.K. (I18)
||Ken was born at Whitford's Private Hospital, Hamley Bridge in the mid north of South Australia, to John and Ethel, who lived at Port Wakefield at the time. Probably on John's retirement from the railways, they moved to Torrensville, from where Ken met Connie.|
Ken did an apprenticeship as an electrical fitter, but must have begun studying accountancy at nightschool almost immediately. By the early fifties, he had begun practising as a public accountant, and had an office at 308 North Terrace (city) for some years. He also began building spec. homes. During the fifties, he moved the family to Glenside, then Beaumont. While at Beaumont (about 1958), Ken began working as administrator for the Congregational Union (church) in Adelaide,and as a result, he and the family switched from Methodism to Congregationalism. He also moved to Toorak Gardens soon after. During the sixties, he began to explore opportunities for the church to be involved in building and managing aged home and nursing centres. He gradually became fulltime in aged care management, being involved at Rose Park, and consulting for several other centres, under the banner of the Congregational Homes for the Aged. They had also moved to Tusmore, and then to a Manager's unit at the Rose Park Aged Homes' complex.
After Connie died in 1974, Ken retired and moved to Belair. He had an interest in travel, and owned a motor home for some years. He had a number of cancers, and died of throat cancer in 1984.
A newspaper clipping 30 October 1943 - The engagement is announced of Constance M, only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. E M Rundle, 42 Fourth Avenue, Alberton East, and Kenneth J, only son of Mr J and the late Mrs Squire, 37 Stephens Avenue, Torrensville.
A newspaper clipping from 1944 "RUNDLE - SQUIRE. - Marriage of Constance M, daughter of Mr and Mrs E M Rundle, Alberton East, and Kenneth J, son of Mr J and the Late Mrs Squire, Torrensville, will be solemnised at Woodville Methodist Church on June 10 at 6:30pm."
A newspaper clipping from 1969 "SQUIRE - RUNDLE. - Graham, Jeffrey and Valerie have much pleasure in announcing the 25th wedding anniversary of their parents Ken and Connie, solemnised at Woodville Methodist Church on June 10 at 6:30pm, by the late Rev J H Pointon."
|SQUIRE, Kenneth John (I19)
||Lived in and undertook a major restoration of Kellie Castle from 1878. ||LORIMER, James (I2201)
||Lived in Liberton, County of Edinburgh. He was alive in 1643 and left descendants in Liberton, Gilmerton and Dalkeith.|
(Notes of Robert Riddle Stodart, through Tania Trayner, and Marilyn Raisbeck. Most names have sources cited, but I have not yet checked them. However, much of the early information is listed in 'The Landed Gentry', p1636 unknown edition.)
|STODART, John (I619)
||Lived in Liberton. Left descendants there and in Gilmerton, and Dalkeith. ||STODART, John (I2847)
||Marilyn provided much of the information of this USA and other branches of the STODART family. She provided source references, which have not been verified. ||STODART, Marilyn May (I2341)
||Married as Friederich Grabia DOMASCHENZ, so look for a change of name. ||GRABIA, Friederick (I1755)
||At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. ||Family F748
||Married Helen Hardie 7 Aug 1798, in Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland. ||BORTHWICK, Charles (I818)
||Married James Aitken. ||STODART, Margaret (I841)
||Married John Somerville. ||STODART, Martha (I840)
||Married name ALLEN ||MORRIS, Martha (I1027)
||Married name CURTICE ||MORRIS, Elizabeth (I1024)
||Married name DAY. ||PRIEST, Elsie May Richie (I901)
||Married name MILLER ||MORRIS, Janet Lawrie (I1032)
||Married name PANTER ||MORRIS, Mary Leila (I1033)
||Married name PEDERSON. ||PRIEST, Agnes Lucy (I902)
||Married name ROBERTS ||MORRIS, Jane (I1025)
||Married name STUTLEY. ||PRIEST, Annie E (I740)
||Married name was MICHELL. ||PRIEST, Emma (I510)
||Married Robert BLACK. ||STODART, Marion (I842)
October 29. ? Mr. James McArthur, an old resident of Mount Gambier, died this morning, after an illness lasting about six months. The deceased, who carried on business as a produce dealer, was 54 years of age. He was born in Argyleshire (Scotland), and came to the district with his
father, the late Mr. P. McArthur, 50 years ago. He left a wife, two daughters, and four sons.
Source: MOUNT GAMBIER. (1903, November 7). Chronicle (Adelaide, SA : 1895 - 1954), p. 15. Retrieved February 1, 2017, from http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article87869483
|MCARTHUR, James (I1389)
||MR. ARCHIBALD BUCHANAN|
The death occurred on Monday, June 22, of Mr. Archibald Buchanan, of Commercial Street, Mount Gambier. Although he had not enjoyed the best of health for some weeks, his death was quite unexpected.
Born at "Fair Valley," Square Mile, in 1869, Mr. Buchanan was 67 years of age. His parents were the late Mr. and Mrs. Duncan Buchanan, and he had resided in Mount Gambier all his life. He is survived by his wife ?youngest daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. James Gershom Smith, and leaves four sons?Messrs. A. H., J. S., and H. D., of Mount Gambier, and R. J., of Brunswick Fire Station. Mrs. H. H, Barrett and Mrs. R. H. Charlick, of Adelaide; Mrs. R. H. McFarlane, and Miss Buchanan, of Mount Gambier, are sisters, and Mr. Walter Buchanan, of Yahl, in a brother. This was the fourth death in the family within six months, his brothers John and Peter, and Mrs. J. Gaillard all having died suddenly.
Deceased way a member of the Druid Lodge for 33 years, and was keenly interested in football and coursing. His remains were interred in the Mount Gambier Cemetery on
June 23rd. Rev. H. Douglas Fearon conducted the burial service, and Mr. E. E. James carried out the arrangements. His funeral was attended by a large number of friends, and many beautiful floral tributes were received.
Source: "OBITUARY." Border Watch (Mount Gambier, SA : 1861 - 1954) 9 July 1936: 3. Web. 1 Feb 2017 .
|BUCHANAN, Archibald (I684)
||Name was spelled STODDERT on the register. Witness was John Lawson. ||STODART, James (I844)